History – Breathing new life into old wood
First records in chronicles of the municipality of St. Johann-Saggautal date back to 1500. The registered owner at the time was one Steffel Mullner, and the property was listed as “Hofstattsimmerl”. It is believed that the vulgo name (name of the property in the title deeds) “Stattiger” is directly derived from it.
Stattiger has been rebuilt by the present owner between 2012 and 2015. We have tried to rescue as much of the original substance as possible and all our building work has been carefully carried out with a major focus on traditional materials and sustainability. The house has been insulated with natural hemp and straw and finally covered with a layer of clay, or loam, as it is referred to. This not only provides a very romantic feel to the rooms but also provides them with a good and healthy climate. Most of the furniture has been handmade from solid wood derived from the property.